Monday, January 3, 2011

1 of my NOT SO GOOD Long Run of 21KM....

Hi Guyssssssssssssssssssss
 
By this time, i have healed completely, and fresh with enthusiasm to take on the coming Sunday on 31st October....
but last week was not that great....
please check the below link for my Run..
 
 
this was my 1st Long run after a break of 2 weeks as the last run i did was on 3rd October...
so after Navratri, when i ran on Tuesday and wednesday, i realised that my legs need to get used to the Roads again and that will take some time...
 
i was not sure if i could do more than 20 km, and hence, kept a target of 25kms before i started my run.....
I had to be @ Pedder Road, Crystal at around 10ish, so thought it would a good idea to run from my house to Marine Lines and back to Crystal to complete a perfect 25 kms under 3 hours...
 
I started at 5:51 hours with a plan in mind to reach by 8:51 latest at Crystal, do some stretches and have a nice bath and be ready for the Mundan function of Kahaan...
however, i could run only 21km as started cramping after 17kms at the backside of my knee....
 
When i started in the morning, i started at a very easy pace keeping in mind not to get tired and push harder early on, as later on it becomes quite difficult to manage the distance...so i kept running at an easy pace nonstop upto Mahim Causeway...took a waterbreak and then ran upto Siddhivinayak for another waterbreak and a mini walk break....
i then decided to ran upto Worli sea face and took a break just before the Sealink, stretc myself....
i guess i had a thought running at the back of my mind, that I am going to cramp later..i wish i didnt think as then, my running experience would have been different...
nevertheless, i completed worli sea face with ease.....
just when i finished that stretched, saw a runner running in an opposite direction with 1 of his friend....did a small hi-5 and greeted each other and he and his friend crossed me and later took a U-Turn...they were running from Marine Drive and u-turn and back to Marine Drive, is what i guessed and were running continously behind me upto Marine Drive....
 
I stopped Babulnath for a little walking cum water break and then started running again.....
just when i reached mid-way of Marine drive, the 2 guys running behind me, came next to me as i slowed down due to cramps...
they wished me again this time and we ran for almost 30 seconds....
 
just then i realised that i have seen this guy somewhere...and guess who he was......
IT WAS NONE OTHER THAN ANIL AMBANI.....
i am serious...can u believe that???????????
they stopped there and i ran some more distance..just when i saw a nice BLACK AUDI, latest version, top of the line come in front of ANIL AMBANI, and 2 guys dressed in white got out with Juice, Water, Napkins, Newspapers, etc....
Vow, i would like such a service after a long run...but i am not ambani.....soo....aint tht lucky enough.....
 
Anyways, took a U--turn, ran as much as i could and then after a while realising that running more would only injure myself, i decided to stop 4 kms short of my original target and took a cab...and reached Crystal...
 
Overall a Good run which ended with a nice surprise.....
had a good day overall, as after that was busy in the function followed by Dinner with Dad and Mom in another function...
all my sundays have been like this..
 
i guess i am practising to attend social functions after long runs as well so that on 16th Jan, can attend my Father-in-laws birthday party....lets see how it goes...
 
next week, plan to do ATLEAST 30KM..or to make it sweeter, 31km on 31st OCTOBER as the title sounds intresting...again tht depends on what my group sets the target to run on..but i want to run the most for next sunday as the week after i diwali and week after Diwali is GOA for me....so have to cover up the distance ;-)
 
bye for now....
i am sure by now all of you reading the mail knows the reason why Chandani is not running at all with me or not exercising ;-)
BYEEEEEEEE
 
Rgds/ Pratik

No comments:

Post a Comment