Monday, January 3, 2011

5th DEC - 28KM Run from MIG to Babulnath And Back

Good morning to all!!!!!

Sorry for being a little late in writing this mail...
but was very busy to sit and write yesterday...
Today i am writing this mail after doing a Speed Run of 1.2km X 5 laps..that 6 kms of SPEED RUN under like 22 mins to work on my speed....
this is what we are going to do every tuesday..
next tuesday, we will try 1.6km X 5 laps.....

Anyways, this Sunday we had planned to Run 28kms Only...
i feel so nice mentioning the word ONLY as it was actually a piece of Cake this time....

Below is my RUN DETAILS

We started our Run @ 542am after our Warmups and as usual I started my run with Dr. Ajay Kharat whom after few mins of warmup i left behind....
he is 56 years old, but still runs like a 35 yr old...

When I reached Worli Sea Face, i saw Dr. Ajay catching up with me as he also increased his pace...we again ran the Sea Face stretch together with a great speed......all this with a bit of talking and chit chatting so that we maintain our conversational Run Speed..
just as we were discussing that we might spot Anil Ambani on Sea face, we saw him speeding and overtaking us...he was running in a tremendous speed with his trainer and was a pleasure watching him run so fast.....
we felt like catching up with him and maintaining the same speed, but then realised, that he is running just 21km and can keep that speed accordingly, we have to run additional 7km....
so kept running at our own pace....

I sometimes wonder what timings would i clock now if i have to run a HALF MARATHON?
my last years timing was 2.24 hours Gross....
i am sure i would manage to shave off atleast 15 minutes from that..

Anyways, back to the run....
I was going on a very easy pace and rhythm just like i did last Wednesday...
Dr. Ajay could not match up with me from Haji Ali as he was assisting others to run and sacrificed his own schedule and timings and mileage to Aid others...
So while running, i decided that on the way back, will run with him to give him company...

Last Wednesday i had clocked 14.5km in 1 hr 37 mins....so i planned, that i should reach Babulnath Temple in similar timings...and thats what happened..

I reached Babulnath in 1 hour and 34 mins..the reason behind this was NO BREAKS and no pain in the legs for cramps, hamstrings whatsoever....

After a bit of stretching @ Babulnath and then started my journey back to the MIG Club...

I met Dr. Ajay at Haji Ali and there we had arranged a waterstop assisted with Dates and Oranges....the moment we saw the car, it was a feeling of an Oasis in Desert.....had a few oranges and Dates and we carried on with our Running...

we were going well upto Atria Mall, and then a lot of people known to Dr. Ajay started to come from the opposite direction and we had many breaks....
i pulled Dr. Ajay and we started running again....we were 22km done with and the knees became a bit sore and we started to slow down...

This is what generally happens, when you are few kms away from your target, you start getting all types of pains in your body...
sometimes i feel i should keep my target as 10 kms more then it is decided so that i finish strong at the finish line...

we then took a walking break @ Shivaji Park and resumed running slowly as Dr. Ajay was then feeling a bit cramped in his legs....REASON....tooo many breaks and the rhythm was not setting right..

however, on reaching MIG Club we were quite surprised, that inspite of so many halts our timing was 3 hours and 5 minutes only.....

my previous run on this route, where i did break by 30k barrier was 3 hours and 42 minutes...so considering 2 kms less @ 9 mins per km( AS I WALKED LAST 2 KMS), that day, my timing for 28kms would have been 3 hours and 24 mins..thts an improvement of 19 minutes......Vowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for running. It is the ultimate detox for me, whether my poison is bubbles, a foul mood, or a bad attitude. If I combat inertia, get out, and get moving, eventually every kind of toxin works its way out.

Also, i was not limping at all after the stretch...only pain that happened was in knees which  happens when they swell due to so much running....
after stretching had breakfast and got back to home....


Took some rest and was greeted with awesome lunch by my wife.......with menu being the right for recovery mode...

awesome Chole, Paalak Paneer, Onion Paratha and Cabbage Rice....
i could not get a better meal than this...
but my joy was shortlived as only got 45 mins to sleep as had to go to sisters place...

nevertheless, i was quite OK and less tired than usual sundays..guess distance under 30 does not matter me and my body now....

next week i wont be running as on Babymoon with my wifey....
We are Off to Goa....and the only way i can stop myself running is by NOT TAKING MY RUNNING SHOES...otherwise running is quite an addiction now :-)

" I RUN BECAUSE IT'S MY PASSION AND NOT JUST A SPORT. EVERYTIME I WALK OUT THE DOOR, I KNOW WHY I'M GOING, WHERE I'M GOING AND I'M ALREADY FOCUSSED  ON THAT SPECIAL PLAC WHERE I FIND MY PEAVE AND SOLITUDE. RUNNING TO ME IS MORE THAN JUST A PHYSICAL EXERCISE.....IT'S A CONSISTENT REWARD FOR VICTORY!!! "


So to cover up, running 18km tomorrow followed by a lot of slopes on friday morning...
the next to next Sunday that is 19th DECEMBER is our MOCK MARATHON run on the same route as 16th Jan except worli sea Link...

we are doing 40kms on that day.....and lets see how it goes.......
so once back from Goa, have to hydrate myself a lot more and load a lot of carbs and keep the legs as fresh as possible...
after that we would be tapering down so no long runs and the next big run will be on the D-Day.....
so will write again on 29th December..not before that.....

bye till then....

Regards
Pratik

No comments:

Post a Comment