Monday, January 3, 2011

HALF MARATHONER ATLAST ------22KM Run @ KALINA on 26th September

Hi....
 
I am back from my Last Sundays run where i ran 17km...
This sunday it was 22km ;-)
Please see my Running details for my This Sunday's Long Run....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/50516004?sms_ss=email
 
Somebody asked me once what is it like Running a MARATHON... I had no answer to this as i have not run the same yet... I AM JUST 1 HALF MARATHON OLD..and the fact is I am trying to find that answer this time....
Hopefully on 16th JAN 2011, I would have the exact Answer..however, i answer the question with the below quote  which i read somewhere..
We are different, in essence, from other men. If you
want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want
to experience something, run a marathon
 
If i can inspire even 1 person to get to running or any form of fitness to maintain a healthy lifestyle, i'd really be happy..... HENCE, sending it to people whom i know and think would read my post,...even if they dont reply its ok...the fun is reliving the run again when writing this mail and atleast a few if not all do appreciate on my running and then writing the same ;-)
 
Anyways, back to the Run.....
 
This Sunday was the HOTTEST to run....temparatures were soaring upto 30 Degrees at 715am itself...
however, i fought the heat with something innovative....
First, i was carrying a pouch on my waist having all the Water Supplies and some peppermints in it to replenish the Sugar loss while running...
Secondly, to tackle the Heat, i wore Sunglasses, and luckily it did help in comparision to my previous Hot & Sunny runs....
Next have to try a SunTan as i really think that will be needed, once i cross 30km and over 3 hours or running.....as it is better to have a soreness in legs then to tackle  a sunburn on your face and shoulders.....
 
Starting my Run at 5:54 Am, it was quite cool and pleasant to run.....
I had decided NOT TO RUN FAST in the beginning of my run so that i can have all the energy to run that latter part of distance...
and it indeed helped...
If you notice the timing in the above link, you would clearly see that in my first 6 -  7 kms, i was maintaining a pace of over 7 to 7.5 mins per Kilometre......
this really helped, as after doing that slow speed run, it really warmed me up well, and gave me the energy to charge later completing the entire 22kms....Next loop, i clocked under 7minutes per km, for most of the part, where i did not take any walking breaks...
 
ONE KALINA - BKC Loop is exactly 9 kms from the MIG CLUB..thats where we start our runsfrom....
i took a break of 1 minute after completing 1 full loop....and then started Running again..this time in the reverse direction and after completing the 2nd loop, took 1 more break...had some water and started running till my clock showed distance upto 20km......
 
I had to run 22km, so ran upto Wockhardt at BKC, put my timer on Stop as took a water Break, stretched a bit and started running back to MIG Club to finish 22km...but i forgot to restart my watch...and that is the reason it shows only 20km..
but nevertheless, i indeed did 1 km extra than the Half Marathon and still finished Strong...
 
The afternooon nap was indeeed as good as heaven especially after a hot sumptous meal served by my dear Wifey......which was much required after burning almost 2500 calories..
Dum Aloo was just toooo goood ;-)
 
Hope to cross 25k next sunday..however, depends on what schedule is set for the entire group next sunday and will plan accordingly....
Bye till then

Regards
Pratk

No comments:

Post a Comment