Monday, January 3, 2011

PLEASURE,PAIN,DEPRESSION & PRIDE

Hi to allllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
The subject line of the e-mail explains by Running experience in short & yet a simple way.
 
please see my running details as under;
 
I had decided since Tuesday that on 31st October, i would run 31km..
Basically, wanted to get over the barrier of 30 + km in my mind..so that i can take the next step of going 35+km..
 
our Training loop is of 9km...
so before jumping from 3 loops to 4 loops, it was important to be in the middle first.
 
For that i also took a complete break from Running after Wednesday so that i have fresh legs on Sunday and hoped to run the full distance without any troubles....but it seems i was not lucky enough.
 
i started my run at 5.33 am with another person. Mr. Ajay Pimpley. A banker with HDFC, 46 years old...and running with him was indeed a pleasure.
 
we did the 1st 2 loops at a conversational pace, talking to each other and maintaining a very good rhythm...
just at the end of the 2nd loop, i started cramping in my right leg...and thats when my Pleasure turned into PAIN.....
 
however, as said earlier, the only way to get rid of the pain, is by not thinking about it and maintaining the same rhythm.
thts what i did..i requested Ajay Sir to go ahead and i'll follow behind..the reason being, i had to talk to myself to beat the pain..
 
i kept yelling to myself things like NO PAIN, THE PAIN IS GOING, THE PAIN IS NO MORE, GOING, GOING, GONE....
sounds crazy, but trust me, it really worked.....i started feeling fresh, and in that excitement, increased my speed and ran fantastically for 4 - 5 kms...and i guess thats where i made the mistake and paid heavily for the same...
 
as the cramps aggrevated and i could run no more...i could have stretched and ran again as i was neither out of breadth, or stamina, but running could have invited an unwanted injury, which i do not want at this stage....so i started walking...feeling completely LET DOWN and DEPRESSED of all my efforts going to vain...
just when i was reaching MIG Club, the start point of our loop deciding that i am not running 3 more kms, i saw Ajay Sir, taking a U-turn and going back to finish his quota of 31kms...
i was so tempted, but once u have an injury, your body tells you when to draw the line...and thts what i did...
however, when i checked my clock, i saw it showed me the run time of 3 hours and 16 mins,,,....which was so very cool as the last 2 kms took 20 -22 minutes...had i been normal withou injury, i would have clocked 3 loops under 3 hours and thats when my DEPRESSION Went away and i felt i did great...
my chest swell with PRIDE, as it should improvement in my performance, speed and stamina...
 
its just that i m not following a diet thus causing these cramps...so have to take care of that....
next weekend I am at my native place so will try running there and weekend after that i am in GOA for a holiday with friends..
 
i have to run there as well....i do not know what times, but thinking to run there post 10am, so that can get used to the Heat as well..
lets see how it goes....
 
our group is planning a run in lonavala month end.. the idea is to go 30+ km once every month i.e. OCT, NOV and DEC..
 
i did fail in OCT, but in NOVEMBER, i am going to eat that fear and conquer the distance for sure.....its going to be fun to run from BUSHY DAM to AMBY VALLEY and Back....
 
shall keep you guys posted..
bye for now......

Regards
Pratik
 

No comments:

Post a Comment