Monday, September 20, 2010

BACK AT MY BEST---- 2 loops of BKC - 18kms 12th Sept

My SUNDAY RUN AT BKC  FOR 18KMS.....
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/48803882?sms_ss=email
Hi Guys....
I am highly elated and impressed with the way I am running...
No i am not boasting myself...but actually, Proud and at the same time
surprised at myself as for what i have achieved in 2 weeks or proper
running, was not expected to be achieved so quickly.....
i ran at a speed similar to what i ran my Half Marathon last year..i
finished 21km last year in 2 hours and 20 mins..
and this sunday i did 18 kms in 2 hours without pushing myself
much....i could have ran the additional 3 kms in 20 mins by pushing
more and achieved to run the half marathon timing...
will try to better or match my half marathon timing next sunday as i
aim to run 21kms next sunday itself.....
Back to the run..
Did 2 loops of the BKC - kalina circle which i generally do on Wednesdays...
the 1st loop was pleasant and easy....but the 2nd loop was sunny, hot
and humid...
It was the 1st time infact i ran under sunlight and it is tough....the
heat is what tired me to some extent....
Have to get used to this heat as Running for 5 hours starting at 6am
would mean finishing by 11am and that is the killing factor when it
comes to running in Bombay......
have to run with sunglasses next time preferably.....
Compared to my last sundays run - where i purposely ran slow, i did 15
kms in 2 hours and 6 minutes....
this Sunday it did 3 kms more and also manage to reduce my timings by
9 minutes...
the real comparision will be next Sunday, when i run again with the
same speed and Heart Rate and see if i can better my timings...
lets hope all goes well....
Again, i was happy to finish Strong as after the run, went home,
relaxed at home, had a good sleep and in the evening visited
Chandani's friends house in Town for Ganpati darshan and no pain in
legs whatsoever.....
Rested and slept well today morning so fresh again for the week to come.....
Tommorow will do LEGS in the Gym and Wednesday, will try running 10kms
if possible...b
Bye for now ;-)
Regards
Pratik

No comments:

Post a Comment